Thursday, June 9, 2011

A little inspiration

I recently caught up with my foodie buddies where I was invited over to their place for a Sunday roast.

They told me of the growers markets that happen every Saturday and conveniently, very close to my new apartment.  It was there that they bought a whole lamb as well as a variety of organic potatoes, much more than the ones I'm used to - red, white, brushed or unbrushed.



The roast was a lamb leg and the meat just fell off the bone and it was totally delicious and cooked perfectly.  Accompanied by the loveliest potatoes and a long time favourite of mine with most Western meals - fresh sourdough bread with a generous spread of butter.  A side of squash was also served up and it added a lush yellow colour to the table of browns and reds (the wine).  

I have never really been one for loads and loads of gravy, and always find food cooked as it is to be at it's tastiest.  And this dinner did just that.  

The night has also inspired me to host a little dinner of my own.  

Very excited at the thought of also buying a whole lamb from the markets, I have mentally started to plan a lamb nose to tail degustation.  

The process has started, researching and aiming to host this little event in July.  I am very excited.

Yours truly,

Miss A.


No comments:

Post a Comment