Sunday, January 23, 2011

Besties

One of the highlights of my recent holiday was my safari weekend in Madikwe, South Africa.  We stayed at Impodimo Game lodge, which boasts 'home to the big five'.

I did see four out of the big five at the reserve but that is a different story.  Being out in nature, and experiencing how animals live, it's amazing.  My two favourite animals are giraffes and zebras.  Both share the same enemies and to my delight I also found out that they are indeed - besties.

When you head out on a safari drive which happens twice a day (morning and night), your guide and tracker will scope out the animals by looking out for fresh tracks.  The guide that we got was very experienced and had a whole load of information about anything and everything to do with animals and nature.

For one, there is a reason for a zebra's stripes.  When they are in a group and the enemy is trying to focus on one of them as a potential hunt, all of their stripes 'dazzle' the enemy affecting their vision and ability to focus on one of them.  How awesome is that!



                                          Besties hanging out  - Madikwe Game Reserve


Yours Truly,

Miss A

1 comment:

  1. That sounds very cool, and I am very jealous! i would love to go on a safari.

    ReplyDelete