Monday, January 24, 2011

Dumped

I broke the most important rule of dating on the weekend, the 3-day rule.  I sent that dreaded text message to my 'date' on Sunday, a day after we met up. I didn't get a reply.

There was a gross feeling in the bottom of my stomach, telling me I shouldn't send it, but me being so stubborn talked myself into believing that it was ok, it's 2011, and us gals should not have to abide by dating rules, sex rules, games for that matter!

When 20mins passed, I told myself that he was perhaps driving or at the beach, when 4hours passed, I told myself that he had left his phone at home, and then after that, I think I felt pretty bad and blamed the whole epic fail of my attempt to get back into the world of dating on myself.

I blamed my lack of care factor in what I wore, summer dress and thongs, well I guess it would've been ok to meet up with your friends, perhaps not a first-time meet with someone you don't know who you could potentially hook up with.  If only I bought those shoes I saw shopping before I had to meet him.

Then I blamed that damned hair of mine that just won't look good unless you spend some time with it, why didn't I just pop down the road the Korean hairdressers and got my hair done for a mere $35.

Why didn't I make it dinner rather than an afternoon catch up so I could properly prepare.

The list goes on.

The thing is, I never thought that I could even feel this way, after watching a movie and getting home at 11.30pm, still constantly checking my phone, I actually felt like I have been dumped without even being dumped!  The feeling of rejection, of not knowing what actually happened, it was just horrendous. 

This morning, I nearly took a mental health day, I could not get out of bed at all, it was quite a struggle.

I really don't know if this whole dating thing is for me, I really didn't realise how important first impressions are!

I must be the only one that so terrible at this whole game that men and women play. 
A friend said to me in shock,
"he put a shirt on for you and you turn up in thongs!"

Yours Truly,

Miss A

No comments:

Post a Comment