Sunday, May 22, 2011

The Norfolk

I recently found myself a new obsession, a place where I would like to be every day of the week.  I heard about the newly re-furbished Norfolk a few months back, it possibly could've been last year.

It took me awhile to finally make it there for a visit.  But when I did, it was instant love.  In the midst of house hunting with my cuz, we went in for a little visit and lunch.  Cuz was hungover so she decided on a Bloody Mary.  Tasty... I thought, though I have not had a decent Bloody Mary since I last made it myself, and even so it would bring me back to a time when I ordered one at 8am at a pub and it was not the greatest.

Take a look at this, what's more, it's made with tequila and the right kind of spicey.  What an awesome concept.



I had a burger for lunch, don't let the minute size fool you.  So so tasty, and the sauce I put on the chips literally took my breath away... their Habanero sauce is seriously good.



The next time I went there, I went for the $3 tacos and complimented them with a Tommy's margarita.  I had emphasised to the bartender how there weren't too many people that could make a good margarita ... full stop.

So the bartender whom I was speaking with told me he had just come back from the U.S where "the margaritas were amazing" and would only cost you $6.  Brilliant! I thought.  Best margaritas always come from those who drink it themselves.

Although we waited over an hour for our dinner, it was worth it and I cannot wait to head back to try the remaining flavours on the menu, fish and vegetarian.  That night I had the chicken, beef and pork. The chicken being the favourite for me.  Taco Tuesday ... I highly recommend it - if you have the patience to wait.  Though it could just be a matter of being there at the right time.



ooooo.... my favourite night of the week is Tequila Friday.  I ventured there last Friday after a late dinner so I did miss out on the $5 tequila and sangrita shots and the $10 margaritas but the bar was still packed and vibing.

I ordered a Tommy's without even a second thought and shots of Herradura Anejo.  At that point I didn't know how much more I could've loved a place so that was when I decided I was obsessed.  There I had it, in my hands, the best Tommy's margarita I have had to date.  I was in heaven.

Norfolk Hotel, I love it.  The food is great, the drinks are delish, and the atmosphere is how I would describe as casual with an edge.  With the Norfolk I get the sense of cool without the wank, friendliness without the sucking up, a pride without the snobbery, and an edge without the weird.

Yours truly,

Miss A

The Norfolk Hotel
305 Cleveland Street
Surry Hills

No comments:

Post a Comment