Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Mauritius Dreaming

This time last year I was packing my bags and getting excited about my African holiday.

On Christmas Day I landed in Johanessburg and had tucked into a Lybrian Christmas feast before heading out to Mauritius where I would be spending my New Years Eve celebrations.

This year I will be spending it in Sydney despite my vow never to spend another Christmas or New Year's Eve in this city.  I think my parents are happy to have me here though and with my bestie spending New Year's here, it may be a fun holiday period after all.

I think back on the reasons why I didn't want to be here, and it's mainly because of Mister.  The ones that I have celebrated with him have always been mediocre if not sad.  And I guess I didn't want to be here to be reminded of that.

I dream of being on the beach, wake boarding, drinking Mauritian white rum with Orangina and eating the local cuisine.  And the friends that I made there, the nicest people you would meet.  The other Miss A and I made such a stern pack to return there before the end of this year.  My, how life just flies by and before you know it, the pinky promise you made (even with a stamp) is forgotten about.

And to think there are so many other countries I would like to visit, I just hope one day we will keep our pinky promise and head back to the island where we can hang with the locals, wake board, have BBQ's on the beach and just laugh and laugh the night away.

Side note:

I still haven't called Mister.  I am secretly hoping he would call me.  Just to prove to me that he is thinking about me.

1 comment:

  1. broken pinky promise with a stamp... :*(
    one day, in the near future, our lives will allow us to make other plans with stamped pinky promises, that will never be broken again!!
    in the meantime, gotta make the BIG bucks!!
    Don't you worry Mauritius, we will be back!!!!

    ReplyDelete