Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Maya - keeps you wanting more

I'd like to tell you all about a little place on Toorak Road in Melbourne called Maya.

It's a tequila bar with a Mexican inspired menu to die for.  I am really enjoying tasting menus at the moment and Maya has just that.

The chicken ribs for example are absolutely divine.  Whenever I think of ribs I think American style pork ribs. Or even beef ribs.  I would never have thought of these dainty, extremely meaty and tasty chicken ribs.  Whats more, they were not greasy, marinated and served in a finger licking tasty sauce that I would continue licking from until the plate was clean.


Another share plate on the menu is the grilled corn on the cob.  This isn't usually a dish I would expect to find on the menu either, and I must admit it does require some level of skill to be able to eat it properly.


Simple but delicious idea, but as I said it does require a certain amount of skill to eat.  See below for exhibit A - how two pieces of corn have been eaten.


I would have loved to have eaten a lot more especially the Fundido Con Chorizo but with our pre-dinner drinks and snacks earlier on, I could only order a few small dishes.  But the Fundido Con Chorizo does come highly recommended.  Pan fried chorizo, with cactus, spinach and mushroom, topped with melted cheese - what is there not to love?  My mouth is watering thinking about it and I am quite upset that I didn't get to try a lot more this trip.

It is the best excuse however to head back over to Melbourne soon, very soon, as it won't be long until I start craving the food and margaritas again at Maya.

Yours truly,

Miss A


Maya Tequila Bar and Grill
74 Toorak Road
South Yarra
Melbourne 3141

To make a booking: 03 9866 8836

Dishes range from: $11.50 - $30.00 




No comments:

Post a Comment