Monday, March 28, 2011

Diet Fail

First day at the office was as first days always are, get to know the accounts, the clients, their websites.  I spent most of the time studying client's websites more than once, more than five times even.  By midday I had used 50% of my phone's battery and even without a game of Angry Birds.

I came out of a Monday morning meeting knowing that I am not supposed to surf the net, have to be in at 8.30am and my boss will be keeping tabs at what time everyone turns up to work.  Well with about seven or eight of us, it's not a very hard task to keep up to date.

I of course turned up at 9.00am not knowing what the agency start time was, and as Dad said to me later on , "you should've asked".  Assumption, dare I say it's one of my worst enemies.

The day went well though, it's nice to be valued, to be heard and to be able to give input into a campaign.  I was given an account which is to be my new 'baby'.  An excellent challenge, a chance to shine and actually put my skill set to use and most of all to be able to think and be challenged, and to know that what I have to give, my experience will be appreciated.

Then came the fail.  First day of my attempt at the South Beach Diet started well.  Two egg omelette with asparagus, mushrooms and 97% fat free champagne ham, topped with coriander and pepper.  Delicious and I snacked on almonds before lunch time.

Lunch time... oh dear!  I met up with a friend of mine visiting from the UK, bless his cotton socks and all 5"1 of him, he actually came to see me at work.  I met him at the train station and on impulse decided to have McDonalds for lunch.  I thought the McChicken meal was the best option rather than my preferred Quarter Pounder meal, and I tried to forget the large Big Mac meal I had yesterday as a snack after lunch.

I am not doing very well am I?

To make things worse, after my failed attempt to have dinner and red wine with Janey, I got myself a cheese and bacon roll from Bakers Delight and ate it on the platform in 3 minutes before my train arrived to go home.  I even by passed the gym, I promised myself a session today and for the rest of the week ... fail!

I even had dinner when I came home, brown rice which was not too bad I guess seeing as I was on a massive fail of a diet day today anyway.

Me and Janey promised via text message that we would start tomorrow.  I asked her if she wanted me to buy an online deal for us - a starter to share, two large pizzas or pastas and two desserts for a ridiculously awesome price of $19.  She reminded me of that damn diet.  I sighed and closed the window.  I've had their pizzas before, they are outstanding.

Tomorrow, tomorrow, tomorrow.

Give me strength somehow.



Yours truly,

Miss A

Photo ref: Pizza and wine in Johannesburg before my flight back to Sydney. 

No comments:

Post a Comment