Sunday, April 3, 2011

The new diet plan

So I figure I will try and do the best I can to follow the South Beach Diet this week, at least it's a start.  It's not a hard diet to follow but I do find it hard to fit it into my social life.

For example the week just past, I found myself catching up with the Smiz who I haven't caught up with properly for awhile.  We went to Super Bowl in Chinatown, down right cheap Chinese food and of course carb central.  We had what we both dubbed a white person's dinner:

1. Spring Rolls
2. Steamed Prawn Dumplings
3. Beef Brisket Noodle Soup
4. Combination Chow Mein

and not to forget a bottle of Red.

It was such a great night to catch up with someone who I always love having a chat to and with everything that happens in our lives, we just don't catch up as often as I'd like to.

We swapped stories about our new jobs, how we were both going, and it actually seems not too long ago that we both worked in the same club together.  We briefly touched on the old club days also.  Fun times, friends made and how much things have changed.

I filled her in on my new role in a boutique agency, how different it is and how much more I am doing in terms of input, thinking, and how I feel I am able to contribute so much more to all the campaigns I am working on.

We spoke in excitement of the new bar opening we will be attending next weekend along with my bestie who will be coming to Sydney for a fleeting visit.

How could I have said no to catching up with this gorgeous friend of mine who I haven't seen for ages all because I had to abstain from carbs and alcohol?

So I have come up with a new plan, and it's pretty simple really... 'To Try My Best'.

Cut out the carbs best I can. And when I do find myself in a position where I do find it hard, try my best to only have a small portion.  It's only five days after all.  Included in that plan is to make the gym, increase cardio and increase frequency to more than twice a week.

Yours Truly,

Miss A.

1 comment:

  1. The alcohol's really hard, but you can grab a meat dish from the Chinese restaurant and say no to the rice? Maybe? x

    ReplyDelete