Thursday, April 14, 2011

Dating Game Phase 3

I don't know why but I am going to have dinner with a guy this Saturday.  Again, never met him, only online and we spoke on the phone yesterday for awhile.  He wanted to ensure that I didn't sport a Malaysian accent.  For some reason he can't stand my native accent and I am tempted to put one on for the entire time I am with him Saturday night.

This Saturday will also see the departure of a long lost friend Monty as she heads overseas to live.  I realised earlier in the week that I had double booked myself and now will plan on making an appearance to both the dinner and the farewell.

I haven't seen Monty for a few years now, she was the one I was with when I first met the ex-boyfriend whom I have previously mentioned, you can read an example of this here.  Funnily enough I have been thinking about him a lot lately, almost calling him or sending him a text.  It was hard not to make contact, and I am glad that so far I have not made the move.

Back to the 'date'.  I am not sure if he is my type at all.  But he seemed normal in his photo, and we both like people who can spell.  Geez, I wouldn't say that I am a spelling bee, but there are so many people out in the world that either can't spell or choose to not care enough and allow for spelling mistakes to be a representation of who they are.

The deal was to take him to my favourite Malaysian restaurant and he will take me to his favourite Vietnamese restaurant.  I happily recommended me taking him first seeing as his restaurant is in Parramatta.   Well I am not going to invite him over to my place, where the best Malaysian food resides so I made plans to go to Mamak.  I haven't told him about the line that sometimes go as far as a few doors away :)

The plan is to head back to Monty's farewell (with or without him) and then have an early night in.

Looking forward to it!

Yours truly,

Miss A

No comments:

Post a Comment