Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Love, Tilly Devine.

Today I was pretty good following my diet.  Yes I had a wrap for breakfast but it only had egg, spinach and mushrooms in it, and it was a spinach and herb wrap... surely that's fine?

Lunch was chicken breast strips with tofu, zucchini and fresh chilli on a bed of cos lettuce.  No carbs, I'm doing well.

I snacked on five almonds maybe six, I made sure I didn't have more than that on my desk.

But then I realised in the afternoon how bloated I became.  It was uncomfortable, my belly was massive, but it felt hollow.  I don't know if it was because of something I ate?  If anyone knows at all, please let me know.

I know it's probably not the best thing to say, but over a glass of red, I actually felt better.

Met up with the one and only Janey, we went to a bar I have been meaning to check out called Love, Tilly Devine.  We headed to a small alley behind Crown Street on Darlinghurst.  It actually used to be the store room of Best Cellars.  And the name came from a well known Madame, back in the day.
Some people have the best ideas.

What we did enter into was a cute bar, with loads of personality, a great vibe about it and cosy enough to be hidden away.  We also noticed the overpriced menu, our wine by the glass was $15, yes it was from France and yes a very nice drop though I didn't fancy ordering another at that price.

So we finished off our plate of mixed salami which was neither here nor there, as well as the plate of peas, olive tepanade and buffalo cheese drowned in olive oil and decided to head off to Pocket Bar for another glass of vino.

I must tell you something about Janey and that is her love for crepes.  Although this may be our second time ever having crepes together but it was re-enforced to me... Janey Loves Crepes.

We went for the lemon curd, pine nuts with Cointreau sorbet.  I was expecting the usual moon shaped crepes to come out but it actually threw me when it came out rectangular.  Nice touch I thought and it went down well.

I know I haven't done well staying off the carbs but one thing I have been doing is staying away from sugar.

The crepes went down well, but I also need to go to sleep and I am not sure this will happen any time soon.

A lovely casual night out.  Back home now and getting ready for bed and prepping for a client meeting tomorrow.

Did I tell you the first week at work went well?

Not signing off as per usual today.  Maybe tomorrow.  Maybe not.

No comments:

Post a Comment