Monday, April 18, 2011

Third Time Unlucky

Of course the date was a disaster! Ok well it wasn't a total disaster, he was actually a normal, conservative, closed off to the world, not up to date with trends, so not my type, kind of guy.

Firstly, he was late.

Secondly, he obviously uploaded old photos onto his profile as he looked quite buff in his photos, but in reality, pretty puny.  He also said he was taller than he was.  And when I first laid eyes on him, I felt my insides go 'EW' and I possibly cringed.  Thank goodness for the three vodkas and two tequilas I had prior.  I needed something to keep me sane and occupied especially if I had to use only my material in conversation - which I did.

Thirdly, we were at a Malaysian restaurant, Mamak, well respected and very well known for their food.  Great reviews by all .... except for him.  It was his first time trying Malaysian cuisine and he pretty much said he didn't like it.  I even mentioned that Mamak is a one hatted eatery and he asked me what a hat was.  Need I mention anymore reasons why we wouldn't get along?

I love to eat, wine and dine and I'm pretty sure I made that clear on my profile.  Did he read anything past my desire to only chat with people who could spell?

My tipsy state got me through the long hour and a half.  He asked me if I wanted to go for a coffee after dinner.  I said I needed to get back at 10pm and that I didn't drink coffee anyway.  I said this whilst I was drinking a highly sugary black traditional Malaysian style coffee drink.... oops.

We got to the cashier and walked out onto the street.  It was 9.20pm.  He said that he had another twenty minutes with me.  In which I replied,

"Sorry dude, I'm hopping in this cab"

I left him on the street.

And this may sound a little predictable,

I went back to tequila.

Tequila, never lets me down.  Guaranteed fun times, great night out, loads of smiles, and I don't even wake up with a hangover.

The next morning I deleted my profile.

Yours truly,

Miss A.

No comments:

Post a Comment