Sunday, March 27, 2011

Moving onwards and upwards

After having two weeks off, tomorrow I will head back into the advertising world on a much smaller scale.

I have pretty much downsized from the big well known internationals, housing anywhere from fifty to a hundred people to a local, small sized agency with a team of people that I can count on with my two hands.

I feel like there will be a major culture shock, I have had to be strong, assertive and thick skinned in the big agency environment, you have to or you will not succeed and be noticed.  That's what big agencies are about, being noticed, being the gun account handler, the star.

I was told that I would have to tone that down now, that my strong personality will cause angst, stress and it will effect the rest of the team.  The thing is I never even thought of myself as being able to project that sort of vibe, and have never realised how much my personality can affect others around me.  It was a little weird to be told that I am a 'powerful woman'.  When I think of a woman with that sort of power and influence I think Oprah, Madonna, but me?

I am a little nervous about tomorrow, I hope that this has been the right decision.  My heart is set to go overseas, but now, it will have to be put on hold again for the third time in two years.  When will I make it?  I gave myself a goal of twelve months, but it will probably have to be in at least two or three years.

The last two weeks, I lived and let myself go, closed the last chapter and now tomorrow begins the new. Like I said before I feel like this year has only just begun.

I have also decided on surrounding myself with positive people, I caught up with an old friend this week and I found all we could talk about was the past, and on things that were not even positives in life.  I felt there and then that if I was to continue our friendship, things would not be better for me, it would only cause a halt with what I needed to do to progress and get everything I need to in my life in place.  By staying in this friendship a lot of my goals I wanted to reach have stalled, and this has been over the last two or three years, and I am still trying to reach those same goals I wanted to achieve in twelve months.

I woke up this morning and realised that I needed to cut contact and deleted the phone number.

Tomorrow the 28th March:

1. Start of a new job
2. Two weeks of no carbs
3. Two weeks of no alcohol

I'll let you know how it goes.

Yours truly,

Miss A

No comments:

Post a Comment