Saturday, September 24, 2011

Home Away from Home

I decided to have a little cook up at my parent's home this weekend.

After a few too many crazy and expensive weekends, and more coming this month, I thought to take this opportunity and just hide out and relax over the weekend.

So I bought a massive 2kg of lamb on the bone and a big slab of grass fed beef and went on home.

Not too familiar with roasts I had to look up a recipe.  The Taste website has a fantastic range of recipes which are really easy to follow.

I wanted to try a slow roasted lamb but Dad doesn't like the texture of the meat so I went for the original quick and easy.  Sticking whole garlic pieces into the meat and covering it with rosemary fresh from the garden, it went in the over for a little over an hour.

It's so nice to be able to relax over the weekend and hang out with the family.  We don't necessarily talk for hours but it's nice to have a different feeling of 'being at home'.

Being here I don't feel pressured to have to head out because it is Saturday night, and I am happy to just relocate into bed and start watching the second season of Breaking Bad.

I received news the other day that one of my cousins just got engaged. I sighed - I am happy for her but I suddenly felt really sad for me.  I don't always admit it to myself or to anyone but I do feel sad that I don't have a special someone in my life.  I often wonder if I will end up alone and that becomes more than a little scary.

So I guess being home with Mum and Dad does help a little.  If I was at my apartment I would probably do a dumb thing like put a call into Mister or make plans to go out and waste more money on nothing.

I really need to knuckle down and save a bit.

See how I go this month I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment