Thursday, February 24, 2011

Daddy's Curry

I have had curries at Mamak, Mauritius, Thailand, Malaysia, my Aunty's Malaysian eatery but I still think that my Dad's curries are pretty much my favourite.

OK - so the fish masala in Mauritius was pretty delicious but tonight I had my Dad's fish-head curry that pretty much competed for first place in the fish curry sector.

Hands down, I have never tasted a lamb curry better than Dad's and normally when fish curry is cooked at home I don't normally get too excited.

Don't know what happened tonight when I had dinner, maybe it was the mountain of freshly made roti, a weakness for me, I could have eaten about five pieces but I stopped at my second.

Tonight's curry was the right consistency of flavour, spice and thickness. And when I eat roti and curry it always tastes better when I use my fingers.  Finger licking good indeed.

Take a look!



It was fish-head curry but I didn't see the head, normally it's around a third to half of the fish anyway depending on the size, the head part rather than the tail part I guess.  Fish-head, fish-tail, I'm sure whichever part Dad used it would still taste delicious.

The thing about Dad's cooking is that he cooks from the heart, and that is probably why it's one of my favourite places to eat - Dad's kitchen.

Yours Truly,

Miss A.

2 comments:

  1. Oh I should know better than to come and read your blog when I'm hungry!
    Now I've got a craving for Indian!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. new to ur blog,very nice space n happy to follow u.
    do visit my Mauritian Fish Curry when u get time

    ReplyDelete