Sunday, February 6, 2011

"This is the best thing I've ever tasted in my life"

Tetsuya's summed up was pretty amazing and an experience that I would highly recommend.  From the moment we entered and walked up the stairs to our table right through to when we walked out the gates, I had such a fabulous time.  And to be there with my favourite foodie buddies, this will be a night that I will talk about for a long time to come.

It is now tradition with us to start any dinner with a glass of bubbly, last night we ordered a bottle of Perrier-Jouet to go with our fresh oysters - as they say, when in Rome...

We started our degustation with a few courses of seafood including the signature confit ocean trout with konbu, celery and apple.

We also got the degustation with matching wines, which I knew would call for an interesting night to be had especially at the end.  By the time we were finished with the seafood courses, I was well on may way to feeling more than a little happy.

We were then served with an oxtail and sea cucumber dish.

Can I just say that this is the best thing I have ever eaten in my life.  I would have happily given up all of my desserts to have just one more taste of this dish.  As I was eating it I didn't want it to end, there is only one word I would choose to describe it and that is, WOW.

By about the eighth course, I had already asked the waiter why there was no background music, and if I could go into the cellar (twice).  I also started taking photos of my bracelet, and glasses of wine, I even decided to head into the ladies to make an overseas call to the other Miss A to tell her about my amazing ox tail taste sensation.  I don't think I needed all of that extra dessert wine which my buddies didn't take a liking to, and I very much did.  At the end of our dinner, I was pretty tipsy.

I know I have already said this but I'd like to say it again, Tetsuya's was amazing and this time round I definitely enjoyed it, every single bit of it.  The service at this restaurant was pretty close to perfection, we were not over serviced or under serviced, and sometimes it was like they already knew what we wanted.  One of my buddies mentioned she might like more bread and next thing you know, the waiter appeared with a selection - it was almost like he heard.  I accidentally dropped my knife and within seconds another knife came, like he was watching over us.  Our glasses were never empty, our table always organised, ready for the next delicious plate to be served.  To top all of this off, I actually got an extra serving of ox tail and a little cake with a candle came out for mine and my buddy's birthdays... very unexpected and really what made the experience so much more special.

The company was amazing as always, and I always look forward to dining with them.  We have so much fun together, and it never has to be high end dining, we could go to a ramen house for $8 noodles and still enjoy the night.  This is what I love about enjoying food with friends who appreciate it as much as I do, and I love how we plan the next one when we meet.

A night isn't complete without a little stack in my heels, a drunken dance and a bit of a random pash.  My foodie buddies had to go, so I went to Paddington to hit the town.  In my drunken state I answered the cab driver's mobile and was then set up with the caller on the other end on a date.  Did I hand over my real mobile number?  I can't remember, but one thing is for sure, though the driver was very nice, he also helped himself to doubling my fare which made a ten minute cab ride a total of $40.

I did end up nearly stacking it crossing the road, and I did end up shaking my groove thing though I went home again talking crap to the cab driver, without a drunken kiss and forgetting my keys and having to make a call to leave the door unlocked.

Here's to good times and I can't wait for July, the date for our next splurge into high end dining.

Yours Truly,

Miss A.


Tetsuya's Restaurant
529 Kent Street
Sydney

$210 - degustation
$95 - matching wines






No comments:

Post a Comment